Thursday, July 6, 2017

Down by the Boardwalk

The thing about dreams and the pursuit of them is it always seems as if once you have headed out into the boardwalk, it's nothing like you expect.  There are ways that each new adventure that's discovered is harder to pursue and yet somehow it is much easier at the same moment.  Somehow each step of the walk there is more patience for the process.  The slowness of getting there becomes more appreciated....the realization you have left some behind and the courage to face each step despite the obstacles seems obvious although no less frightening.  If you've known me for any length of time, you know I am a big dreamer.  Out of the clutter of the boardwalk, with it's crazy purses and wild umbrellas and too many people all trying to go in their own direction... I somehow focus down on ONE thing... one dream... one idea....one pursuit.  I can remember the years back when I lost my "muchness" for such pursuits.  So many of those years I felt alone as I faced the jabberwocky.  More recently, I have come to enjoy and need the strength of the friends and acquaintances around me.  Sometimes even complete strangers impact me with their words and their kindness.  Spurring me on to new heights.  Many times they are women like myself, stepping out into new dreams.  Other times it is seeing others' courage to face their jabberwocky that I find strength.  One thing I know for certain, we are not meant to walk the Boardwalk alone.  We must be willing to stop to look at others fancy purses and crazy dreams.  Smile together and grant one another strength and courage to pursue.  


No comments:

Post a Comment